It's the evening of Thanksgiving and I should be sitting here in a food coma, but I'm not. I thought I'd send a quick update since things are progressing at a much faster rate then last cycle. It seems everyday something changes, so I want to make sure I keep you filled in.
I spent my morning soaking in a hot bath to try to get rid of these chills. Didn't work, but felt good. Went to the doctors for monitoring. They measured six follies, three were greater then 10 and three were less then 10. Not sure why they chose only to measure six, but they know what they are doing. I add the third medication (Cetrotide) in tonight. Then start taking that every morning, with the usual at night. I HATE this medication. The injection itself isn't that bad, but the medicine burns going in. Not looking forward to this. Mac's mixing up all the doses now. Hold please... going to take the shots now.
SON... OF... A... FUDGE... CICLE... SHOOT... DAAAAAANG... that hurt!!!!! I'm okay, I'm okay, just me being a baby because Mac hit a blood vessel.
Anyhow... Mac had to take me to the doctor this morning because I was too weak to drive myself. My nurse Chris confirmed the reason I am so sick. And when I say sick, I don't mean with a cold. I mean... constant nausea, headaches, weakness, dizziness, chills, bloated (like my ovaries are going to burst right through my stomach), can barely drink anything, and before today, I hadn't eaten anything in three days. I can tell you with 100% accuracy that last cycle was NOTHING like this cycle. I asked my nurse to do a check on where I am now versus where I was at this point last cycle. That is when she confirmed why I am so sick. My estrogen levels last cycle on day 7 (today) were pushing 250. My estrogen level on day 7 of this cycle... 1500+. So it's the good old estrogen that is causing me to feel this crappy. Thanks Mrs. E!!!! Or since I'm feeling so irritable thanks to you, maybe I should address you as Mrs. B!!!! After my visit I headed home with a perscription of Zofran for the nausea. Thank you to whoever came up with that concoction. I HEART YOU!!!!
Before I pass out for the evening, I wanted to let all of my friends, family and followers know just how thankful I am to have you in my life. This Thanksgiving has been especially hard because my family is so disconnected emotionally/physically and because of all that Mac and I have been through and are going through during this time. I know that I could have gotten through it on my own, but I am sure glad that I didn't have to. Knowing all of you care and are praying for us means so much to us and we feel so blessed to have you in our lives.
My most sincere thanks goes to my Heavenly Father for Blessing me daily. He continues to come through for me in ways that are unexplainable. Some may question how I can be so thankful when we haven't been blessed with a baby after trying for two years, and it's fine to question that, but let me help you understand why I'm so thankful. It's quite simple... my reward will be in Heaven.
"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." - Psalm 107:1
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!!!!
1 comment:
Oh Brit, sorry that you are having such a rough time this cycle!!! I'm rooting for you though and hope you get your miracle!! xoxo
Post a Comment