Tuesday, August 9, 2011

23 Weeks... 103 Days to Go!

Yaaaaawn! Oh I'm sorry. Pardon me. I can't stop yawning.

Since about Week 18 I haven't really been able to sleep. I think I'm averaging three hours of sleep a night, not consecutive hours. The back pain causes me such discomfort that I just can't sleep or get comfortable... well that and the fact that I was told I need to be sleeping on my left side and as soon as I catch myself sleeping on my right side I wake up again. I went from sleeping in the bedroom, to sleeping in the nursery on a futon, to sleeping back in the bedroom. Poor Mac... he doesn't stand a chance. LOL! I have a sneaky suspicion that God is using this as an example of what we'll be going through here soon. NO SLEEP! The only comfort I get from this back pain is standing up, but then it's just a matter of time before my legs and feet start to swell and then I have to sit back down, but then it's my back again. I see a pattern here. Do you? Haha! As exhausted as I am I really don't mind. I'm sure my friends and coworkers do though because my attention span is really short these days and I'm beginning to sound more and more like my husband. Yes, I'm beginning to speak Mackeneze.


So my week has consisted of talking baby showers and crib bedding. I have the best friends anyone could ask for. Now onto crib bedding... so I spent nine hours on the internet on Sunday looking at every dang crib bedding set known to man. Finally narrowed it down to a few and ordered one yesterday just to see how it would look. I was so excited to get it in and put it all together on the crib and then my good friend tells me, "You shouldn't use bumpers or quilts." "Uh... (insert the really long pause of confusion here)... what?" Yes, that was my only come back. She explained to me about SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome), so naturally I went home and researched it, as well as found it listed in my handy go to books about babies. All the research I did said not to use bumpers or quilts. They did say that there are new "breathable" bumpers. Yay, because I just feel a little more comfortable with something in the cribs have open slats all the way around. So anyway, I think we've decide to just create our own little nursery for the girls where we use sheets and accessories (i.e., mobiles, wall art). We can make it our own. But the next hurdle is coming up with something both of us like. I like more of a safari theme and Mac is definitely going the girlie route. He never seizes to amaze me! LOL!


I just signed us up for our "Deluxe Maternity Tour" at Fairfax Hospital. Yay... this should be fun! I also signed us up for the "Baby Care" class. Yikes... this should be interesting! We're going to learn about all kinds of ways to take care of a baby. But in our case we'll need to double that. This is a little frightening, but with Mac by my side I'm a little more comfortable. He's a calming presence for me and has a great memory. Unlike me during this pregnancy!


The big challenge for the week... trying to cross my legs. What was once something that was second nature has now turned into a struggle. Thank goodness I wear pants a lot to work because I now can grip under the pant leg and hoist my leg up over my other. I give it an extra little pull just to make sure it doesn't slip off. You ladies know what I'm talking about. Even the ones who don't have kids yet. I have an excuse... my uterus is growing rapidly. I am only assuming that this would account for the "waddle" I now have. Yes... I walk like a duck because walking any other way just isn't an option right now. QUACK QUACK!

Our next big appointment is August 22nd. The girls will be measured again. I pray that they are on track like last time. I don't feel myself getting any bigger and it concerns me. I wonder if the girls will be playing when their on camera? I wonder if their both still transverse? I have so many thoughts on how they're up to in there. I just can't wait to see them!!!!

Stay tuned... next update at 25 Weeks!

No comments: