What's been going on with me and the girls? Well let's see.
Last week Kim and I hit up Babies R Us on a Monday after work. I had a good time, especially seeing how cute she was picking out baby girl clothes. I think she was more into it than me. LOL. I am glad that she offered to help because she knew exactly what I needed since she has twin boys and a five year old. She set me straight on what was a waste and what was a necessity. We walked every aisle as she pushed the cart and I scanned... two of everything. I kept hitting one in the beginning and after a while I just gave her the scanner. Then we would trade off again. I believe she had the most fun in the clothes section. Thanks to Kim's keen eye for fashion I did walk out with some cute outfits for the girls and saved A LOT of money. Afterward we went to dinner for some more much needed girl time. So I owe Kim a big thank you for taking time out of her busy day to help me. God knows I needed it. Haha!
I felt off the rest of the week. Just really tired, sore and absent-minded. I couldn't remember anything and was walking into walls and doors. I hear it's normal so I didn't stress about it. Had a great time Saturday at a friends cookout. There were so many people there and I couldn't believe my eyes... four sets of corn hole boards. It was a site to see that's for sure. But I was a little bummed that I couldn't partake in the tournament but I still had a good time. Sunday's message was amazing. Started the morning by getting to see Steph again. I was SO happy that she was at church and looking good. I was concerned that she wasn't feeling well but I know she was happy to see everyone at church, and vice versa. It was as if Associate Pastor Jeff was telling my story... and Steph's. It was as if the message was made for us and I'm glad that we were sitting next to one another that morning. I know I really felt God's presence that morning.
Went to Fairfax Hospital yesterday for a follow-up to see how the girls were measuring and to check my Placenta Previa. The girls are looking good and measuring so so close to one another. Gracie (Baby A) weighs 1.9lbs and is back to breech (feet first) and Hailie (Baby B) weighs 1.8lbs and is transverse still (laying sideways). I guess the two of them like having their heads close to one another because they've been that way for months. So they now form an "L", which I say is their way of showing "LOVE". The doctors say that they should move but then again they say that the girls are already running out of room. We'll see. Since I'm having a c-section I guess it doesn't really matter right? As long as they continue to grow and are healthy I could care less what position they lay in. Almost forgot to add that I still have the Placenta Previa, so it's the same old routine for me... taking it easy.
So last post the big debate was whether to paint the room or not. Now that we've solved that issue and decided to girly up the room and paint it "Ballet Slipper Pink", we need to move onto the next debate. This week its baby swings/bouncers. The swings these days are GINORMOUS!!!! Seriously! Mac doesn't want two, but I don't want to be ill prepared and just get one. And we need bouncers. And activity mats. And walkers. I mean at this point it's almost like we have to move into a bigger house or add an addition on now just for all the baby gear. Our house is so small and we're not sure where all of this is going. We can't do an addition now so Mac's gym just might have to be converted into a gym/game room/baby gear storage unit. LOL. He doesn't know that yet, but we can save that for the next debate. Haha! So it leads me back to the issue of how many swings and how many bouncers? Do we start off with just one of each right now? Do we get two bouncers and one swing? Do we get two swings that also convert into bouncers? I mean, seriously... they have those ya know!!!! Ugh... so confusing!!!!!
Well the girls are kicking me right now so that tells me it's time to eat something. I go back to the doctors Monday, then the Monday after that as well. I'm on the two week visit plan from here on out, so you'll be getting more updates since I'll be going more frequently.
Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment