Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Significant Piece of Art

This year has been up and down for me.

February 12th - I was in an accident on the 12th. I was hit head on by a driver who was speeding, lost control and crossed the median. I am still recovering both mentally and physically. I know it's going to be a while before I get back to normal. If ever!

April 13th - Great day. Sam, little Marty and I were all Baptized. Rusty Baptized and ready Sam and I's personal stories. Sam Baptized little Marty and I read his personal story. Sam's sister Dee and mother Hanna came up to witness God's work in person. It was such a beautiful day.

June 7th - I got married. What more can I say?

July 16th - Worst day of my life! Losing Zoro! This will take a lot longer to recover from.

The reason I listed these dates is so I could show you something that has meaning to me.

I designed it. The wings represent the angels that I believe were with me the night of my accident. The cross is a symbol of my committment to our Heavenly Father. The paw print and Z are a sign of rememberance to Zoro because he was loved more than life and will never be forgotten. The reason for getting in on my back is simple. It's a reminder that I can't turn my back on life and those that love me, including God. So if I think about giving up all I have to do is look in the mirror and I see a reminder that 2008 has made me a much stronger person even though right now my days are really tough.

No comments: