Monday, October 4, 2010

Week 7 - IVF Journey... Nothing to Freeze :(

I know I said yesterday that my blog was on hold, but I had to let you know that I received a call from my nurse this morning. She was checking up on me, but also needed to let me know that none of the remaining embryos we had leftover made it. One made it to Blastocyst stage but quickly arrested. That means that none of our embryos could be frozen. It basically boils down to that my embryos really weren't that viable, and that if this cycle fails then I will have to go through all the shots again.

Of course now I am feeling a bit discouraged. She told me the two they transferred looked great and I shouldn't be worried. However, anyone that knows me knows I'm going to worry and going to think the worst. She said the pregnancy rate for transfers at our stage is 50%-60%. I know that's a good percentage, but I can't help to wonder if I just have bad eggs. It's a little disheartening to know that the rest of the embies didn't survive and that the two we have now may not progress either.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1Angel, I understand you uncertainty of this, but I urge you to speak words of confidence to your embies (your words). But mainly please keep your faith and prayer life positive, Everything passes through his hands. I love you and Mac deeply.