The morning started off a little stressful. We did what we did and had two hours to get the precious cargo to surgical center. I kept the cargo nice and warm by carrying it in my bra. Hey, don't laugh. The little guys need to stay warm during transport. Haha! The egg retrieval time was scheduled for 11am, but we needed to be in Rockville at 9:30am. Anyone who lives in this area knows that trying to go from Springfield, VA to Rockville, MD on a Wednesday morning at the height of rush hour in the rain, with construction on 495, can be very frustrating. Thanks to Mac we made it there by 8:45am. We had to wait longer then normal because another patient was stuck in traffic. I wasn't mad because her retrieval was scheduled for 9:45am and I know how stressed out she must have been. I hope her retrieval was successful.
There were about six other women having retrievals during the time I was there. One woman didn't have any eggs retrieved. I wanted to cry for her. The second woman had seven. The norm is 10-12. The third woman had 4. At this point I was worried on how we would make out. It was now my turn. The anesthesiologist came in (he's the best), hooked me up and off we went. About 30 minutes later I was wheeled out into recovery. I'm not even sure how long I was out before they tried to wake me up. I was in A LOT of pain, so they quickly gave me some meds in my IV and I was back out again sleeping. This time I woke up in a little less pain. Upon leaving they let us know that all went great and they retrieved 19 eggs. I was so out of it I didn't say anything but I heard Mac say, "19? Really? 19?" It didn't hit me until I got home. Mac made me a bagel before heading off to work. He said the reason I am in so much pain is because of the amount and size of the eggs.
I'm still out of it right now. Mac made me dinner and I'm about ready to go back to sleep now that I have a full belly. I should be getting a call around noon tomorrow with the results of the first 24 hours. I'm optimistic, but I'm not above believing that all 19 didn't fertilize. I know how these things work. I will be happy if only a few fertilize, but the more that do, the better our chances. I pray that they fertilize and start dividing much quicker then they last cycle.
Thank you all for your prayers.
Stay tuned...
2 comments:
What great results! Can't wait for the fertilization report!
I love that someone else uses their bra as a warm cargo-container! I always feel so self conscious as I'm driving along with it poking out.
Post a Comment