Thursday, December 9, 2010

Week 3 - IVF #2 Journey... Freezing Going On!

So I just got a call and wanted to share with all of you. Out of the remaining embryos we had leftover after the transfer, two of them made it to extended Blastocyst stage, which means they are now Cyropreserved (frozen). I am so excited I could jump around, but I'm not allowed to do any activities for another few days, so I am settled here in my chair about to bust a stitch with excitement.

I know some of you are wondering why I'm so excited. The news is like a double-edge sword. In one way it's good because if this #2 cycle doesn't work, then we can move right on to #3 and use the frozen embryos instead of doing another fresh cycle. It means WAY less injections (meds). However, the downside of that is not having this cycle work. We would much rather have this cycle be positive and not have to worry about using the two frozen embies for a while. So you see... in a way it's good and in a way its not so good. I won't say it's bad, because there's nothing bad about it. The embryo quality is good or they would not have frozen them to begin with. It gives us a little bit of extra hope because the two they transferred on Monday were the two best embryos out of them all. Hope that makes sense.

Please know that its hard for someone like me to get excited about anything because of the constant disappointments in my life. I am prepared for whatever results we receive in a few weeks... good or bad... I am prepared because I gave it up to God a while ago. Doesn't mean that my heart doesn't break a little more with each negative result. But I know that God's hands are wiping each tear that falls.

My great friend Nancy sent an email a little while ago with a verse at the top... its one of my favorites... and for some reason has just been sitting in me since I read it. Right after receiving her email, I got the call with the good news. I know its God giving me what I need today. Thanks Nancy.

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Have to run, but just wanted to send out a quick update.

Stay tuned...

No comments: