A friend of mine, Ashley, sent me an email today with a link to the Iams website. Odd I thought at first, but when I opened it there was valuable information on taking care of pets, as well as a place where you could search for a pet to adopt. I was taking a break from doing expenses and started a search. I was looking for any large breed dog, male, and a baby. Up comes an entire list of dogs. Ones that are way too small for Zelda to play with. At the very bottom of the page was a little guy named Dexter. It said purebred American Bulldog, 20 weeks old, given up because the family couldn't deal with him being a puppy. That story sounded so familiar seeing how that's how we rescued Zoro, with the exception that Dexter is in a good foster home right now and Zoro was about to be tossed in the dumpster at Beacon Hill Apartments. I clicked on the picture just to see what he looked like. Cute I thought. No Zoro, but cute! He needs a home, we have a home, and Zelda needs someone to play with. Hmm? Then came the questions I've been internalizing for weeks... Do I really want another dog? Can we afford another dog? Will Zoro hate me and feel as if I'm replacing him? Will Zelda like another dog? Will she feel like we don't love her anymore? Will I be able to handle it? Is it the right thing to do? I don't know. I ask Mac and he says Dexters a cute dog and he'll go along with whatever I want to do. But a good friend of mine said that it wasn't right for him to put that much pressure on me to make that decision. So we're going to talk about it tonight and if we agree that its in Zelda's best interest then we'll submit an app.
I have been a mess for about a week now over Zoro. I'm not sure why all these feelings came rushing back to me, but their here and I need to find out why. The way we lost Zoro was devestating to say the least and it's something I will never be able to get over fully. Zoro is on my mind and in my heart every day. He was my baby and now he's gone. How do I move on?
Here are a couple pics of Dexter.

No comments:
Post a Comment