Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Welcome Home Dexter Zane!

So Saturday morning, my best girl Stephanie Brookes and I set off for a road trip to
Hatboro, PA. The doorbell rang at 7:52am. Zelda and I were still in the bed. We jumped up to find Steph standing at the door with her Dunkin Donuts coffee in hand and a huge smile on her face. I busted out laughing because she reminded me of a kid on Christmas Day. I hurried to get ready, record time I think, and made sure Zelda was taken care of before heading to Starbucks for my white chocolate mocha and lemon pound cake. We sat in the parking lot for a few minutes trying to figure out the quickest way to go. We decided we would listen to Mac's mistress (GPS), but use the Google directions as a backup. Steph and I were wondering why we can't change that woman's voice to a man's voice. I guess it's because men aren't good with directions. LOL! So at 8:30am we were off to PA.


The trip up went well. It went quick. We arrived at Dexter Zane's foster home around 11:30am. I couldn't believe how big he had gotten after only one week. He was so tall. After hanging out for a bit and looking at some pics Lorraine's daughter had snapped, we were ready to get on the road. What an emotional time for Lorraine and her daughters. I cried with Lorraine as she said her goodbyes to Dexter Zane. I'm tearing up now just thinking about it. Lorraine is such a nice foster mommy and I know Dex misses her just as as much as she misses him.


Dexter Zane pretty much shared the front seat with Steph the whole ride, with the exception of the last 90 minutes where he slept on the floor board under the drivers seat. Here are some pics I took on the ride home.

1 comment:

Jamie Link said...

these pics are so cute