Monday, October 13, 2008

Our Visit with Dexter Zane in PA




Unfortunately all my photos from Saturday are gone thanks to the always reliable Blackberry. I hate that thing! I did manage to take a few with my other camera, so I will post them here. I've also posted a video of him and Zelda playing.

Our visit with Zane didn't go as happily as I wanted it to, but I think it's due to a couple different factors. First, Zelda has never been in the car longer than 45 minutes, so I know she was shaken up and tired after a three hour ride (with a break of course). Second, we were suppose to meet Zane at a park, but instead the owner had us meet in her backyard. Not the best when two dogs are meeting because automatically Zane had the upper hand. And yes, even at five months of age, they know are territorial. He is true BULLY. He would not leave Zelda alone. She had to put him in his place more than once. I think I lost count at ten. She has a vicious little growl, much like Zoro had. He has a whimpy little bark when it comes to getting what he wants, much like Zoro had. But when it came time for him to get serious, he would let out this very deep bark, much like Zoro did. He is a cute little guy and we can see him fitting in with our family. The only downside is his foster mom said he has a problem with smaller dogs. We'll have to get him training as soon as he has settled in his new home.

Our home visit inspection is on Wednesday. If we pass then we'll go back to PA on Saturday and bring Zane home. Wish us luck!!!




1 comment:

Jamie Link said...

so cute!! well they seemed to play well together and a little training goes a long way...good luck with the home inspection, hope you bring Zane home....send more video cuz they are really cute together...