Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Week 3 - IVF Journey

Ok, WOW, what a week. For starters, the evening of my last post was a nightmare. My pup got scared and redirected his fear at me and I ended up in the hospital. He left two nice size holes in my arm, close to my elbow. One is healing great and the other was way deep and is taking it's time healing. That depth of that hole was about 3/4 the length of his bottom canine tooth. If you know Dexter... that's a big tooth. Haha. Anyway, other then having to take these nasty antibiotics (making me very sick), and some residual pain in my arm, I'm good. And I am not mad at Dex, and no I'm not putting him down or rehoming him. He is mine, I love him. He just has some behavioral issues that we are going to try to work through. I'm not giving up on him.

I am finally getting use to the BC pills. I have a couple more weeks and I'm done with those. Yay. But then comes the other nasty meds. I got my protocol sheet and it looks like I'm doing the Lupron Trigger Protocol. Here is what it looks like for me:

Medications:
  • Birth Control Pills - 21-day pack
  • Cetrotide Syringes - Daily injections (in my stomach)
  • Gonadotropin FSH (Gonal F) and Luveris - Daily injections (in my stomach)
  • Lupron w/1ml luerlock syringe, 22g 1.5" needle - Intramuscular (in my behind)
  • Zithromax
  • Estrace - Daily after egg retrieval
  • Endometrin - Daily after egg retrieval
  • Children's Aspirin - Daily
  • Prenatal Vitamin - Daily
  • HCG - Intramuscular (in my behind again)
So there you go. Looks like fun huh?

I go tomorrow morning for the MET and injections class. Wish me luck!!!!

No comments: