Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Moving On to Procedure #5... FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer)

We had our follow-up appointment today. It went as expected. Dr. Greenhouse diagnosed me with tubal disease. Turns out that my tubes were not blocked, but they were not functioning either. So what happened was that the embryos that were transferred back into me on December 6 made their way to my left tube, and because my tube was diseased it couldn't spit them back out into my uterus. So the embryos implanted into my left tube where they continued to grow. They were shocked at how big the sac was, which led them to believe that it was multiples that implanted.

So we are moving on and going to try the Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) with the two embryos that were frozen last cycle. The FET cycle will start as soon as my period starts, which will hopefully be this week some time. The protocol is a little different then the fresh IVF cycles.

Cycle Starts (period)
Birth Control Pills (2-3 weeks)
Delestrogen (Intra-Muscular Injection) - Every three days for two weeks.
Progesterone (Intra-Muscular Injection) - Twice daily for at least six weeks.
Transfer

It seems that this cycle will last around 6-7 weeks, not including the dreaded two week wait.

As far as how I'm doing now... it gets better with every day that passes. The pain from the Carbon Dioxide Gas (CDG) is starting to decrease as the CDG seeps out of my system... slowly. I'm still in a considerable amount of pain, but it is getting better. Once the CDG is out of my system I will have to deal with the pain of the actual surgery/incisions. I'm sure it's not going to be that bad. I am just overly anxious to get this next cycle started.

Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers. We're so blessed to have you in our lives.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Belinda and Justin said...

You have amazing courage to move on so quickly! I wishing you all the luck with the FET! It looks like you'll be going through your FET while we start fresh cycle #2 with IVF with ICSI!