The week of Christmas was going better then any week in the past few months. I received a call Monday by nurse whom told me that we were in fact pregnant... very very pregnant. My beta numbers were 1500. Wednesday my beta numbers were 2549. Thursday my beta numbers were 3501. We were so excited... so excited!!!! Conception was on Mac's birthday and the due date was my mom's birthday. That night I had some break through bleeding, so my doctor wanted me to come in the next morning for an early ultrasound.
The morning of Christmas Eve was not suppose to start the way it did. Mac and I got up and went to the doctor to for a first ultrasound to see if we could see any signs of our baby in my uterus. What we got was something that left us speechless, crying and devastated. Dr. Nair (a specialist at SGFC in Rockville) showed us a big sac with an already formed yolk sac in my left fallopian tube. Shock took over my body. We were escorted to a meeting room, one that I have been in before, to discuss our options. There didn't seem like there was much we could do. Doctor Nair insisted that I get the Methrotrexate (chemo) shot again to try and dissolve the pregnancy. I refused. I just felt like it was useless because last time I had to get two shots and neither worked. She continued to tell me how important it was to either get the shot today or have surgery. I refused both and left, but not before she made me sign a piece of paper that said I understood that I could get home and die tonight if the ectopic pregnancy was to rupture. I signed and left. There were a lot of tears shed on the way home.
I decided to finish my shopping, so Mac went his way and I went mine. I had just taken the first sip out of my Venti White Chocolate Mocha w/Extra Whip (no decaf), when I got a call from my own doctor who insisted I get to the hospital immediately because the pictures didn't look good. SON OF A B! He told me to get on the road and he would try and reach the ER doctor at Holy Cross Hospital. I was pissed at this point. I was going to lose my baby on Christmas Eve. Just not a good day. I decided to go finish some more shopping and finish up my WCM. Please keep in mind I hadn't had Starbucks since mid November. Actually haven't had coffee at all since mid November, so I was going to finish it dang it. I ran into my sister Brandy in the parking lot, which was comforting to see her at that time.
I was waiting in a really really long line at Toys R Us in Kingstowne when I got the call from the ER surgeon who said he would see me shortly. Yeah right, he's going to have to wait, I have one more stop.
I finished got home and Mac was waiting for me... devastated that we had to go through this yet again... and especially tonight. We made it to the hospital around 2:15pm. I was going into surgery around 5:15pm. What a nightmare!!!! The doctor came and told Mac that I had made it just in time because the tube had already ruptured and I was bleeding internally in my abdomen. He got it out just in time. He said I probably wouldn't have made it through the night because I would have bled out.
Christmas Day I managed to make it over to my moms. It was great to be with the family. I really needed that support from them. It's been a few days and I am still in a lot of pain. Not so much from the three nasty incisions I have again, but from all the Carbon Dioxide Gas that is still in my body. It takes a while to get out of my system and I can't get comfortable. The gas seeps up to my shoulders causing excruciating pain and also sits on my diaphragm causing me not to be able to breathe. Its very painful. I have to sleep sitting straight up. Literally. Mac has been great, but I believe is getting sick of me always wincing because of the pain. I have meds and trust me, I've been taking them, but it takes at least two or three to even knock me out enough not to feel anything. The last ectopic was nothing like this.
So that's where we are now. We have a meeting with our doctor on Wednesday to discuss the next steps. I now have no fallopian tubes, so what's the chance of another tubal pregnancy? What's the chance of another ectopic pregnancy? We have a lot of questions. And Mac is NOT happy, so he plans on being a little more firm about this. Whatever happens again, I'm prepared for it.
Even though we suffered a devastating loss this Christmas holiday, it was still a great Christmas because I was with family. God answered that prayer for me. I guess he knew what I was going to need.
Stay tuned as I will let you know what happens at the meeting Wednesday.
5 comments:
I was just thinking about you today and wondering how things worked out for you.
That is devastating news and Im so sorry that you have gone through all that. Thinking about you and your hubby as you grief that loss of your little bean and praying that you get some answers and understanding.
So, could they use the embryos that you froze for a future chance with IVF?
I am so sorry for your loss. I am thankful that you had the support of your family during this difficult time. You are so strong. Keep hope.
I just came across your blog. I am so sorry that this cycle did not go well. I will be praying that 2011 is a wonderful year for you.
Hugs.
Honey I am so sorry you had to go through that on Christmas, not to mention again at all. You are always in my thoughts and prayers and I want you to not suffer anymore. I understand what you mean about the surgery, April was my 4th and the Carbon Dioxide is the worst...the pain from the incisions aren't half as bad as the CD and it's amazing how much it affects and hurts your body on its way out. Matt had to pull me up once and I screamed for him to stop, not even getting a chance to cry, the tears just came immediately. I understand the physical and emotional pain you are going through although I know you have struggled so much more than me through the emotional part. You deserve to be a mom and you will be, I know you will be a wonderful mother. I love ya girlie and I think the world of you for everything you've helped me with over the years, especially this year, even though you were going through all of this yourself, a very selfless act, from a very selfless person. I know what a great person you are and I pray so hard that you will be blessed very soon with that beautiful baby. Hang in there, please know that I'm ALWAYS here for you, and that will never change, and if you need ANYTHING I'm just a phone call or e-mail away. <3
I am so so sorry to hear your news. I have been thinking of you alot lately & remembered your blog. You & your hubby are in my prayers. Hoping you get some helpful answers soon. xoxo-Cherie
Post a Comment